lg optimus exceed 2 unable to download update what can i do?
Janetpetty1

Ok I have a LG Optimus Exceed 2, I used it for a year or so and then got another smartphone. I disabled the talk and txt part if it and let my son use it to go on google play store and watch youtube videos..

So now my problem is this. Today I went through the phone making sure that it was still ok and no threats or viruses were in it and I came across the settings, went to system updates because it had been awhile and tap it.pop up screen , says check for new system update. so I tappedthat.

says checking for new software for your LG vs450 goes through wait time and then it says current software version vs450pp2, android version 4.4.2.... then it pops up software download was unsuccessful, we were not able to download this update.

to retry go to settings> system update.. Can anyone help me out with this? Please?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg optimus exceed 2 unable to download update what can i do?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone might be old enough that it needs to connect to the Verizon Wireless network in order to verify an update is available for the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: lg optimus exceed 2 unable to download update what can i do?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Janetpetty1 Software updates help enhance devices and we're sorry the LG Optimus Exceed 2 is causing you trouble. When trying to update the software, what type of data connection are you using?  How many times have you attempted the update?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes