Marshmallow
soccercoach1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will Verizon push Marshmallow to the Galaxy S5?????

Re: Marshmallow
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

They wont. It's almost 2 years old. They can't have a phone last longer than the contract.

0 Likes
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

I don't think you want it anyway. They can't get it to work with all thier bloatware on the few newer phones they pushed it too.

0 Likes
HBlain
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have better odds of winning the lottery than getting a forthright, honest answer from VZ.

Interesting they just sent out another update to the S7 today. Those people are paying a premium for their phone. Us S5 users are stuck because most of our phones were subsidised and VZ has little to gain by keeping us happy. They rarely push out the security patches either. Running the one from February, which came out from VZ after four weeks of the original release, and nothing for March, April or May.

Like many have said battery life stinks, the memory is hogged up and there is no permanent fix, so VZ don't tell me about deleting the cache or doing a hard reset. Have done those. The operating software needs fixed.

Think about it we got the Lollipop update pushed out too early and it hasn't been upgraded since it landed in April 2015.

I dare someone besides an online CSR rep from VZ to give its customers some real valid information.

Off to buy my lottery tickets...

0 Likes
tsmith6572
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is exactly why I am anxiously awaiting the end of my contract and getting the next Google phone and joining Google Fi