Lizard81

What is the expected release date for the Galaxy Note 4 6.0 update and does Verizon really need all the nearly useless bloat ware

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only Samsung knows when it will be ready for release. Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only Samsung knows when it will be ready for release. Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lizard81

It's already been released for other carriers

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you absolutely sure about that? Software Updates are different between the various carriers. One example, the T-Mobile model doesn't have the update. Software updates | T-Mobile Support

0 Likes
Lizard81

Yes they are different because of carrier specific bloat ware

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is much more involved then the carrier specific applications. Each model has to be tested independently for the updates and changes needed for the cellular radios, Bluetooth, wifi, and other hardware components. HTC has shared the process HTC Software Updates Process | HTC United States and the other manufacturers follow a similar process. The carriers play a small role in the overall process.

0 Likes
Lizard81

Lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I guess you didn't go and check their process. There is more to it than base code. Android is not 100% open source. There are things like XLTE, Wi-Fi calling, and how things handoff that requires testing. There is also the security apsect of things. Not to mention the updates require certifications from FCC, Wi-Fi consortium, Bluetooth, and not to mention Google.  Yes Google is part of this process as if any Google service is broken manufacturers can't add the play services. All of this stuff varies by device and manufacturer teams who work on each update.

If you have a problem with this process buy a Nexus. It's not all sugar coated but at least you get your updates faster.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lizard81, we are all anxious for new software. Please know that we will get this out as quickly as possible. To watch for the latest news, visit http://vz.to/1UicWdL.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes