Why do I get an Error 554 when sending email as SMS on vtext and vzwpix?
CodeWarrior_Hawaii

I am a software developer implementing an automation web app for a taxi service.  They are sending dispatch message to drivers phones.  These drivers are employees or contractors who have shared with the company their personal phone number for the express purpose of receiving dispatch text messages, so there is no spam or unwanted messaging going on.  All of our drivers have Verizon devices, simply because Verizon has the best coverage in our area of operation.

The application sends emails from our SMTP server to $mobilenumber$@vtext.com (and I have also tried vzwpix.com), the drivers respond with a code that is in the message that was sent to them and the messages for that trip stop.  This was working as of several weeks ago without problem.  Now only messages sent to our auto dispatch email account FROM SMS are going through.  I have checked MXtoolbox and found that we had a blacklist flag, and have since removed it, but our outbound emails through vtext are still not being accepted.

Can anyone shed some light on this behavior?

CodeWarrior_Hawaii

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error 554 when sending email to SMS on vtext and vzwpix
Raargh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure about the 554, but we have been getting 553, vtext now requires the sender domain be valid. This was new.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Raargh
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure about the 554, but we have been getting 553, vtext now requires the sender domain be valid. This was new.

0 Likes
CodeWarrior_Hawaii

That did the job.  I had previously not paid any attention to the banner warning in MXToolbox.  Corrected it and now communications are flowing freely again.  Thanks a lot!

CodeWarrior

0 Likes