Trading phones
callmor

I would like to trade my new 7 Edge for a seven. What all would be involved in that and with the company

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trading phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a phone you want to activate is an awesome experience callmor. Here’s a great link to help you activate it when you have the device ready. http://vz.to/1P1GTjz

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If you are within your 14 day return window, give it back and get what you want.  If not then I believe you are out of luck with the company.  Someone can chime in on this and tell me if I'm wrong, but since you have the more expensive phone why not trade it to a friend with an S7 that wants an Edge.  All you would have to do is swap the sim and Sd cards, factory reset the phones and put your new edge on your account.  Of course your are still responsible to fulfill the terms of your contract by paying of the phone but you will have what your desire.  If you can't find a trading partner you could pay off the phone, sell it on the secondary market and purchase a new phone and install your old sim card.

0 Likes
callmor

I paid for the phone when I got it but I am on a two-year contract with Verizon I've had the phone for a month or more so I can't go back on that what I want to do is trade it for a 7 but what do I need to do at the company

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can't. You are past that point where you could.

0 Likes
callmor

I'm not talking about trading with the company but with an individual then what do I do with the company

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check Swappa.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There is always a chance the person can claim it is stolen and it will be locked.  If you guys are going to trade then all you both need to do is factory reset and trade phones after you take the sims out, and reuse them in your new devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

callmor,

Help is here! We definitely want for you to have the phone you like & want. From what I’ve been reading in this tread is that you are wanting to just swap out the phones between two lines on your account. Is this correct? If this is not the case, can you please explain a bit further in detail? Thanks!

AliciaSVZW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupportt
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrecttAnswer�� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a phone you want to activate is an awesome experience callmor. Here’s a great link to help you activate it when you have the device ready. http://vz.to/1P1GTjz

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Redamr

Hi i sent my old phone and was received today but the online status says. Not received and the trade was canceled need help im so stressed over that plssssss

0 Likes