Can't download Mobile Email or Bing on LG Accolade (VX5600)
mxcorp73

I've used landline phones pretty much my whole life.  Eventually in early 2010 I bought an LG Accolade phone just to get certain family members off my back.  I put it aside and never got around to activating it until about a month ago, after reading reviews about how it's a great basic phone.  It works just fine so far except...

When I click either "Mobile Email" or "Search (bing)" it takes me to a run down of features, then a browse & download menu that says "No items were found".  When I try "Mobile Web Mail" and click Windows Live, I get an error message that says "Security Error: Untrusted server certificate".   Is there any way to get these activated?  Or is the Accolade outdated and/or obsolete?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't download Mobile Email or Bing on LG Accolade (VX5600)
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IT cannot be fixed it is no longer supported.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yes it is. Mobile email and such has been discontinued.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mxcorp73,

We're glad to hear your phone is working okay for you so far, but we want you to get the most out of using it. pherson is absolutely correct in saying Mobile Email has been retired, so it's no longer offered; however, the message you're getting when trying the Mobile Web Mail option sounds as though something else is going on.

What software version do you have in your Accolade? Here's how to check http://vz.to/1NiKc7J .

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mxcorp73

It's VX560P02

0 Likes
mxcorp73

Also when I try "check new" under the software update menu, an error message says "credentials wrong"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate this information. Do you have this phone activated on your account? Do you have a data package for this line?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mxcorp73

Yes I do.. and it's $15 Basic 300 Minutes Talk or TXT & Unlimited Data

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this additional information, Mxcorp73. Let me assist you further with your concerns about accessing the internet. The device has the ability to access specific internet pages. Have you activated Mobile Web on the device? If not, to activate service from the phone, you must be in the Verizon Wireless Enhanced Service Area.
1. Launch the Mobile Web browser from your handset. You are automatically redirected to the Wireless Internet Sign Up page.
2. Select Subscribe and read the Terms & Conditions.
3. Using the soft keys, choose Accept to proceed. You will be given the option to cancel before confirming the order in the next step.
4. At the Confirmation screen, select Confirm to add the Mobile Web service.
5. The Mobile Web service has now been added to your device.
It may take several minutes for the registration to complete. If you launch your browser and see the Wireless Internet Sign Up page, please wait a few minutes then try again.
Let us know if you were able to connect to the internet.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mxcorp73

Mobile Web already is activated.  I didn't use it much, I think ebay said at one point that ebay Mobile no longer supports this device.

0 Likes
mxcorp73

I just tried using Mobile Web to access outlook / hotmail and I'm still getting the same untrusted certificate message.  I also can't find any information online about what exactly the error message means.  Will I have to go to the Verizon store to fix this and/or trade it in for a more recent basic phone?  I really don't wish to let the plan run out at the month's end and put it aside.

0 Likes