Why won't my apps update over wi-fi?
Owenjer

Ever since I updated to the marshmallow, my wifi doesn't work, won't update my Google Apps unless I'm on my 4g network burning up my data plan!!! NEED HELP!!!!!!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy s6 marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Owenjer, we'll get this working for you right away. Is this happening to all WiFi location or specific one? Please wipe the cache partition and let us know how it works.

1. Turn phone off completely.
2. To start the phone, press the following keys simultaneously: Power Button, Home Button, Volume +
3. When the first logo can be seen on the screen, release the power button, but hold the Home button and the Volume + button pressed
4. It now appears on the screen of your phone, a small menu. Navigate with the Volume + and Volume - keys. An entry is selected by the Power Button
5. Select in this menu now "Wipe Cache Partition".
6. After you have selected the entry the Wipe cache is flushed. This takes a few seconds. Then it automatically returns to the small menu.
7. Now select the top entry with "Reboot Now"

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having wifi is vital to keeping your data under control. I am glad to help. Does your phone not connect to any wifi, or is it a specific network you're having trouble connecting to?
JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Owenjer

My wifi works fine, but when I'm connected to wifi none of my Google Apps will update, unless I'm on my 4g data plan, the marshmallow update  screwed it all up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Owenjer, we'll get this working for you right away. Is this happening to all WiFi location or specific one? Please wipe the cache partition and let us know how it works.

1. Turn phone off completely.
2. To start the phone, press the following keys simultaneously: Power Button, Home Button, Volume +
3. When the first logo can be seen on the screen, release the power button, but hold the Home button and the Volume + button pressed
4. It now appears on the screen of your phone, a small menu. Navigate with the Volume + and Volume - keys. An entry is selected by the Power Button
5. Select in this menu now "Wipe Cache Partition".
6. After you have selected the entry the Wipe cache is flushed. This takes a few seconds. Then it automatically returns to the small menu.
7. Now select the top entry with "Reboot Now"

ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!