Android Auto stopped working on Note5 after updating to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.um
MarleyandMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sonata no longer recognizes Android Auto on Samsung Note 5 after updating device to 6.0.1. Tried app uninstall and install, different usb cable, etc. searching for a manual fix.  Hoping that someone may have figured it out and can offer advice.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Auto stopped working on Note5 after updating to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.um
MarleyandMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured this out, USB connection default changed to "Charging Only" with the 6.0.1 update.

In my case, after connecting Note5 via USB port, this is what I have to do in order for device to recognize Note5 is connected to it.

1. Tap and hold notifications/quick settings bar (located at the top) then drag down.

2. Look for “Connected for Charging” notification and tap it to change USB option.

3. A screen “Use USB for” shows up with 5 usage options.

4. Tap and select “Transfer media file"

I've been unable to find how to make this USB setting stick permanently, so I need to perform this step each time I connect via USB for anything but charging.  Hope this helps others.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Android Auto stopped working on Note5 after updating to 6.0.1 Marshmallow.um
MarleyandMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured this out, USB connection default changed to "Charging Only" with the 6.0.1 update.

In my case, after connecting Note5 via USB port, this is what I have to do in order for device to recognize Note5 is connected to it.

1. Tap and hold notifications/quick settings bar (located at the top) then drag down.

2. Look for “Connected for Charging” notification and tap it to change USB option.

3. A screen “Use USB for” shows up with 5 usage options.

4. Tap and select “Transfer media file"

I've been unable to find how to make this USB setting stick permanently, so I need to perform this step each time I connect via USB for anything but charging.  Hope this helps others.

0 Likes