internet crashes constantly to home screen
nlinesk8s

Im' having a hard time finding an answer to this, as I get too many hits on the search.

Nokia 928.  Internet frequently crashes to the home screen, and if you hit the back button to try and get back to the internet, you get internet with a blank page.  As far as the internet is concerned, you were never there.  There are a number of websites I frequent where I can't get through a single article.  This happens constantly.

I also get the frozen screen requiring hard reboots with the side buttons.

You know what you call a smartphone with these problems?  A paperweight.

I have tried deleting cookies and search history.  I have tried rebooting, which I have to do anyways.  Due to this and other problems I'll likely go Android next time, but I'd like to keep using this phone for awhile yet.

Any suggestions that don't involve rebooting or clearing the browser?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: internet crashes constantly to home screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nlinesk8s,

We understand that having a working phone is important. Let’s look at options. How long has this been going on? Any applications or games installed? Are you using the browser that came with the phone?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: internet crashes constantly to home screen
nlinesk8s

The problems with the internet seem to be in the last year; I
don’t remember the internet being a problem at first. 

The problems with the screen locking up have been ongoing since I had the phone, and seem to be
common, based on my searches.  The screen locking goes in waves; it’ll
disappear for a time, and then be a real problem. 

The phone is almost stock.  I have apps for facebook, craigslist, Adobe reader, and Ebay.  That it.  No installed games, no music.  

It’s been in a case with a faceplate from day one. 

http://www.tridentcase.com/shop-products/nokia-lumia-928/

For some reason the website I frequent ttac.com  seems to be the worst
problem; I can’t get through a story on it without the phone crashing back to
the home screen.  However, I have locking up of the browser and crashing on other sites as well.

0 Likes