When will the Galaxy S5 get Marshmallow?
Davin40

When will my Samsung Galaxy S5 get the Android 6.0 / marshmallow update to download???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android 6.0 / marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best device experience. At this time we do not have specifics regarding future availability of this update.http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/ will be updated if software is released.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AmazonTrish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd like an answer to this question too. I think a lot of people would.

After months of investigation and checking for updates online there is still no word about when Verizon will be releasing the 6.0 or 6.1.1 update for S5 users... which, I might add, is kinda [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

I helped a coworker install the update on her Samsung device yesterday but she's on T-Mobile. So if T-mobile Samsung devices are getting the update then why can''t Verizon?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best device experience. At this time we do not have specifics regarding future availability of this update.http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/ will be updated if software is released.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lankylegs
Contributor - Level 1

That's why I am taking my 3 lines somewhere else. Verizon is more than willing to let a customer go over a phone. I don't live in the middle of nowhere so I can deal with not having coverage there. But can't stand for a phone that does not do what is advertised and bad service.