Why does my device keep auto locking?
Lukewarm81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the most recent software update, my phone auto locks its self(this feature is turned off). While I am using it. It also attempts to turn off and shows the slide to turn off option. (This is also while  I am using it). Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6s Plus auto lock issue
Lukewarm81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I replaced it early this morning. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand how upsetting and inconvenient this must be for you Lukewarm81. Lets get your phone working right.

How often is this happening? Does it happen when accessing a certain app or function on the phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lukewarm81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey John,

It was happening no matter what I was doing with the phone. Even if I just say it on a table it would lock and ask to slide to power off. I looked online and found that I should hold the lock button and the home button until the phone soft resettled. This worked perfectly. It no longer auto locks.

Thank you for the follow up.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great, Lukewarm81. I'm glad its no longer auto locking. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Have a wonderful day!

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Lukewarm81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like I spoke too soon, because it just stared back up again

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lukewarm81,

Sorry to hear that's started up again. We know how much of a hassle malfunctions can be. Since the soft reset didn't keep it away for good, I'd recommend completing a backup of the phone using iTunes and then a restore using iTunes. The directions for both can be found here. After you restore the iPhone, you can then recover your backup to get all your content back. This issue should then be permanently resolved.

EricW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, we will certainly see this through until it's resolved, Lukewarm81. I know this started after an update, so the soft reset should have covered any internal components that were causing this. To cover all avenues, do you use any cases or covers with your device? If so, we'd like to see if this re-occurs with the case off.
Additionally on the internal side, resetting all setting is also worth a try. Here's how: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-reset/#reset-all-settings
DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lukewarm81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Yes it happens after I take the case off also. I have reset the settings. I will respond if it happens after this

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Lukewarm81
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is still doing it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lukewarm81,

We appreciate you giving that try. It is concerning to hear you are still having this issues. At this point, we would recommend making sire you have your device backed up & perform a restore through iTunes. These links will show you how:

Backup: https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht203977

Restore: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

ChristineJ_VZW

0 Likes