S6 Marshmallow update
Awesomeness_Esq

I have continuing problems with my mobile data / wifi connection since I updated my S6 Edge with Marshmallow. Apps keep informing me that they do not have a internet connection and my google search regular returns a connection error.

0 Likes
Re: S6 Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to address your concerns with your connection. Have you checked your settings to ensure that you're either conected to Wi-Fi or that your cellular data is turned on?

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Awesomeness_Esq

The wifi and mobile data are both connected. The wifi network is working on my computer. The mobile data says it has 4 bars of 4G. I did not have a connection problem before the update, and the problems started immediately after the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information you've provided. Are you having any difficulties with phone calls or sending and receiving text messages?

DeannaL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Awesomeness_Esq

No I am not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's good.  Have you tried running your device in safe mode?

NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
Awesomeness_Esq

I did try safe mode, and there still appeared to be a problem with my data connection when I tried to use facebook, but that has not been the only app experiencing the problem and, because of the nature of safemode, I can't check any of the other apps that were having a difficulty making or keeping a connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Awesomeness_Esq,

Thanks for the hardwork thus far in an effort to resolve your issue. We know it's vital to have a properly working internet connection on your device. Lets continue troubleshooting. Is Power Savings Mode turned on or off on the device? Go to Settings>Battery>Power Saving Mode. If turned "on", please switch to "off" then test your applications. Keep me posted with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Awesomeness_Esq

I have tried both settings. It happens whether or not the power saving mode is turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use the internet and apps is key with your phone Awesomeness_Esq. These updates normally make the phones better. Let's make sure we get there with yours. With the wifi, does the phone show any errors when trying to connect or will it connect but just not load? Have you tried to remove and reconnect to the wifi networks? Will the 'no connection' message come up with all apps and data services or are you only noticing it happen with certain ones?

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes