My galaxy s5 is excessively overheating
Jeremy22

When using CPU-Z from the Google play store to identify my S5 temperatures, I notice extremely warm temperatures. This occurs even when the phone is resting, not under any load. This seems to be a problem regardless of charging or just throughout the day. Idling indoors, my S5 is in between 50 and 55 degrees Celsius. When I fire up facebook, snapchat, or youtube, my s5 quickly becomes warn and when switching to cpu-z, I read temperatures that fluctuate between 65 and 72 degrees Celsius. Outdoors (I live in Phoenix, AZ its basically 80 degrees F or higher 9 months of the year) my phone reads about 60 thru 65 degrees Celsius idle and again 65-72 degrees under load. My battery typically never has issues, holds a charge maybe 4-6 hours when used almost every hour. The battery temp is usually in the 30s Celsius, I've seen it as high as 42 C outdoors. At these high temperatures, the home button takes 30s of seconds to even bring me to the homepage, the power/screen sleep button takes minutes to shut off the screen, and the keyboard stops responding as well as touchwiz home. Surprisingly, I've only ever had an overheat notification once.

Tags (3)
0 Likes