month to month discount
cwooton89
Enthusiast - Level 1

No more month to month discount starting this April? I have two phones that are month to month without contracts, last year I called and an employee applied the discount for one of the lines since the other was still in contract at the time, I asked what about the other line when it goes out of contract in Nov and they said the discount would automatically be applied since I have the discount on my account. I was checking my account, sure enough never applied. I called in last night and spoke to a rep and basically got a sorry there's no way to apply even though it should have been applied and grandfathered in. I asked to speak to a supervisor and waited a while and was told she was on the other line and that she would call me back, never received the call. Anyone else having this problem? I'm tired of all these changes.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: month to month discount
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may be time to switch to the Verizon plan - out of contract lines are $20 vs $40 for in contract. Figure out how much data you need, and if the $20/line  and data is less than the More Everything with one line discounted and the other not discounted. 

By moving to the Verizon plan, you "give up" the option to do a two year contract; but a two year contract would put your More Everything line(s) back to $40 and you would not get it discounted again.  Buy the phone outright or do an interest free payment plan for two years.  Depending on how much you put down, your payment plus access fee could be less than $40.  You need to "do the math" to figure out what will work best for your situation.

If you are confused about the options, you are not alone!  If you post details (phones, contracts if any, data amounts, etc, we can help you with the math.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Gather you are on the More Everything plan    The discount is not automatically applied and never was if you were in a contract.   Unless you entered a new contract, your phone is eligible for discount.  Call and ask for it.

0 Likes
cwooton89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called last night, the rep said that it can no longer be applied since the beginning of this month. I'm upset that the phone has been out of contract since Nov however since I'm just not identifying the problem they can no longer give me my $25 discount because the discount is no longer effective when it should have been applied and grandfathered in.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may be time to switch to the Verizon plan - out of contract lines are $20 vs $40 for in contract. Figure out how much data you need, and if the $20/line  and data is less than the More Everything with one line discounted and the other not discounted. 

By moving to the Verizon plan, you "give up" the option to do a two year contract; but a two year contract would put your More Everything line(s) back to $40 and you would not get it discounted again.  Buy the phone outright or do an interest free payment plan for two years.  Depending on how much you put down, your payment plus access fee could be less than $40.  You need to "do the math" to figure out what will work best for your situation.

If you are confused about the options, you are not alone!  If you post details (phones, contracts if any, data amounts, etc, we can help you with the math.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

if customers already have the discounts, and don't change anything, will they keep the discounts?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

My discounts on 3 month to month lines have stayed intact since this change was made.Smiley Happy

mama23dogs
Legend

Thank you.

0 Likes