How Can I Change The Clock On My Device?
petunia242

How do I correct the clock on my Kyocera Dura XV Plus phone?  It is two minutes fast, and has been since we traveled across two time zones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Clock on Kyocera phone is two minutes fast.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Petunia242, having the correct time on your device is so important. Let figure this out. Make sure the time is set to Current Time Zone. From the home screen press OK > Settings and Tools > Phone Settings > Time and Date. Press the navigation key pad and scroll to DST and press OK. Make sure that it is set to the current time zone. The network will determine the actual time and update your device automatically.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The clock runs off the network. Nothing really you can do. Besides, what's wrong with two minutes?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is reading the time from the tower.  You could manually adjust after turning off auto sync on the time, but do you really want to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Have you power cycled the phone while on cellular?  Sometimes it just needs to reconnect to the local network to correct time, date, etc.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Its just two mjnutes

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Maybe it's right and all the other clocks are wrong?   Lol. 

Better 2 minutes fast, OP will never be late.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Petunia242, having the correct time on your device is so important. Let figure this out. Make sure the time is set to Current Time Zone. From the home screen press OK > Settings and Tools > Phone Settings > Time and Date. Press the navigation key pad and scroll to DST and press OK. Make sure that it is set to the current time zone. The network will determine the actual time and update your device automatically.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes