Marshmallow update for S6 edge fails error 412
Arghhhhh_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried several times to update my Samsung S6 edge, and each time the update fails in under a minute, error 412. Phone is plugged in, all apps are closed, I'm on wi-fi. What's error 412 and how do I fix it?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow update for S6 edge fails error 412
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on successful even with Verizon outdated software assistant upgrade. Call Samsung and they told me to download Smart Switch on my computer and he's able to update to Marshmallow with ease... Worked perfectly and I love the update. Samsung smart switch on a computer work perfect

View solution in original post

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem on my S6 Edge Plus. I think the error code for me was 402 but I could be mistaken. I seen that one person did a factory reset and then the update wasn't available. FYI Verizon customer support recommended I do a factory reset then I seen on Twitter that someone lost the update all together. [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] Verizon

BarbiBKirbs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I too have the same error code & have tried everything to no avail. I did glance at one other post regarding our error. This one post had a single reply posted to the original-from a Verizon customer service rep. The service rep did request additional info from that original postee's(aka: the customer's) zip code as well as some additional phone ID #'s, & "techy" info before the rep could be of any real assistance...Frustratingly enough, the feed went silent & no further discussion was had. Apologies I don't have any actual assistance to provide either; unfortunately I am not sure where that random feed/forum was located. I atleast feel better finding your post since it's identically matching my update issue. Hope the feeling is mutual-albeit a dead end [for now]. -BB

0 Likes
MsRisa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue with error 412

0 Likes
Rugged2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having the same issue on my Note 5

0 Likes
Kimsburger

Same here

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on successful even with Verizon outdated software assistant upgrade. Call Samsung and they told me to download Smart Switch on my computer and he's able to update to Marshmallow with ease... Worked perfectly and I love the update. Samsung smart switch on a computer work perfect

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MsRisa,

No worries, we have a back up plan for you. You can easily install the software with your computer. Here is the link: http://vz.to/1GKIbN0.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Smart Switch will successfully update from computer. Verizon Upgrade Assistant is outdated and does not work worth a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . Take that Verizon

0 Likes
joegarner53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quit lying to the people Verizon. The Upgrade Assistant is outdated and does not work. Samsung smart switch on the other hand does work. Verizon needs to get into that 10 billion dollar profit and update their software

0 Likes