Why can't I save photos from Facebook to my S7?
Paulazambo13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I both upgraded to the S7 this past weekend.  He cannot save photos from FB to his phone.  At first it just wasn't saving the photo with no notification so I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Now instead of doing nothing is says "Error saving the photo!"  The odd thing is I am not having this issue... Please help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues saving photos from Facebook to S7
Paulazambo13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was also working with Samsung.  They have solved my issue.

Apps>Settings>Applications>Applications Manager>Facebook>Storage>  Clear both the data and cache.

When logging back into facebook be sure to "allow" when it prompts for FB to access your media, etc.

My "permissions" in the application manager were set for these before but it wasn't working for some reason.  This reset has resolved our issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Double check his permissions for Facebook.

0 Likes
Paulazambo13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our settings and permissions are the same

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Is he encrypted?  If everything is exactly the same he shouldn't have a problem.  There has to be something.  It may be he used a backup and you didn't when going through the setup? 

0 Likes
Paulazambo13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Best Buy set them up for us, same person did both.  Found someone else online with the same issue.  I don't think its tied to it but oddly enough the other couple having the same issues are in the same situation, both S7's but the husbands have the black ones that are not working and the women have the gold ones and are working.

0 Likes
Gbktoledo
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem, it started 2 days ago. In order to save photos now I have to do a screen swipe to save the view and then crop the picture. I have not added new apps or changed any settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate you reaching out to the community about this, Paulazambo13. Regarding attempting to save photos from Facebook, do experience the same issue when attempting to save from both the app version of Facebook, and accessing Facebook.com via the browser?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Paulazambo13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was also working with Samsung.  They have solved my issue.

Apps>Settings>Applications>Applications Manager>Facebook>Storage>  Clear both the data and cache.

When logging back into facebook be sure to "allow" when it prompts for FB to access your media, etc.

My "permissions" in the application manager were set for these before but it wasn't working for some reason.  This reset has resolved our issue.

0 Likes
Paulazambo13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Gbktoledo

0 Likes