How can I increase the range of my new .Jetpack 6620?
Twoborders2

How can I increase the range of my  new .Jetpack 6620l ? With my old 4510L we could connect devices in any room of our home (3stories and basement) as well as outside with the jet pack in one location. With the new jetpack we have a limited range of only about 20 feet on one level of our home.

0 Likes
Re: How can I increase the range of my new .Jetpack 6620?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are a lot of factors that can impact the performance and range of a jetpack.  Have you been able to try connecting at a different location to see if the connection is due to the range or the construction of the area?

MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How can I increase the range of my  new .Jetpack 6620?
Twoborders2

Yes if we take the device with us to that location it will connect but that does not answer my question. The 4510 remained constantly in the same location and we were able to connect any where in our house including basement and outside. We are rural and this is the only way we can get internet service and were happy that more than one device could be connected from anywhere in our home and out. The limitations of the newer version jetpack is confusing as we expected improved service not less.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

David, being rural brings a level of peace, but can also have it limits for service.  Different devices can have different siginals.  What Jetpack do you currently have?  Have you tried powering cycling the device?

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>With my old 4510L we could connect devices in any room of our home (3stories and basement) as well as outside with the jet pack in one location.

Something smells fishy here.  No Jetpack that I have ever seen or heard of from Jetpack has that kind of range on it.  Your personal devices may have seen the SSID of the Jetpack due to the way they remember wireless networks but the Jetpack certainly should not work from 3 floors away, let alone 2 rooms from its current location.

> With the new jetpack we have a limited range of only about 20 feet on one level of our home.

This is more typical of a Jetpacks coverage area.  Jetpacks are personal connection devices, intended to provide access to an individual and then be powered down until it is next needed.  They are best fit for traveling businessmen/women who need quick access here and there.

> How can I increase the range of my  new .Jetpack 6620l ?

You don't.  A Jetpack is a personal connection device, not a home router replacement.  If you want more service/coverage area than the default 100 feet that a Jetpack can offer then consider using a different device instead.

For example VZW offers the 4G LTE home router which is a home router replacement device.  You can also consider wireless bridging your Jetpack into a normal home router and then rebroadcast that connection to your local devices.  However, wireless bridging is not advised because there is a performance loss in the connection between the jetpack and the home router.

0 Likes
Re: How can I increase the range of my new .Jetpack 6620?
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

If you want to cover (3stories and basement) your best bet is to use the jetpack along with a repeater, as example the Pepwave Surf on the Go, it does WIIF as WAN.

Second option would be to scrap the jetpack, remove the sim card, and enter the sim card into  a Cradlepoint AER2100 the router will give you up to 400 feet of WIFI coverage.

0 Likes