Text preview
Mack09

With this new marshmellow update, I no longer get the "text preview" up in my notification bar. Is that feature gone, or am I missing something?

0 Likes
Re: Text preview
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mack09, let's find out what happened to these notificiations. Which messaging application are you using?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mack09

The Verizon messaging app. It won't show me my message "preview" across the top of my notification bar when my phone is unlocred. It just shows I have a message, but I want to be able to read it when I get it on the top. It use to do it before it update to marshmellow now I can't find it.

Also my phone is being extremely slow when I'm just trying to click anything like it isn't reading I am pressing on my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mack09,

Your applications should simply work the way you need them. Lets get this fixed. Is the lock screen popup feature enabled on your device? Go to the Verizon Messages application>click on the three lines in the upper left hand corner>click settings>click enable popup>click on enable popup over lock screen.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mack09

I don't want want the pop up window to show when I get a text. Before the marshmellow update my phone would read my text message in my notification bar ticker when my phone was unlocked. It was called the notification preview u no longer see that as an option in my verizon messaging app settings. Is that feature no longer avaliable with this update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's an excellent question, Mack09. Did you process a backup of your device before the software update was completed? Have you gone into settings to check to see if your setting is in the messages section?
RobertH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mack09

Yes, all I am asking is the message preview setting was taken away, or which section it is located in. The update either got rid ofor it or moved it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mack09, let's get this issue resolved. When you go into the settings on the messaging application there should be a setting called "Notifications" with a check box next to it. Is it currently turned on?

HarleyE_VZW

0 Likes
Mack09

Yes and now I would like my.message preview turned on and that is not an option anymore

0 Likes