Weak signal 60177
allawash

I am experiencing weak service in this area in Illinois. Inside my workplace the signal is barely there, mostly 1x, maybe 1 bar 3G, other times all I can do is make calls. When I walk outside and into the parking lot it's the same. I have to drive down the street to finally get any 4G service. The coverage map shows the area that I work to be deep in the red 4G LTE coverage map zone. I don't know if there is a tower down or something, but my service has been bad here for a few days now. Anybody else in this area experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak signal 60177
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

allawash - We always want to ensure you're getting the best service possible where you use your phone the most. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. All is showing to be well in South Elgin, with no service related issues reported in the last 60 days. Since this is primarily happening near one location, have you noticed any changes in the area (i.e. new construction)? Is anyone else with Verizon having issues there?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
allawash

I'm asking around for other Verizon users, but haven't found anybody else yet. I have had a couple of occasions when I'll have issues with service, but my wife's phone (same model) will not. Is there a way I can test my phone to see if it is the issue? Or can one of the Verizon stores do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allawash, thanks for clarifying for us. Having a great signal at all times is a priority for us as well. Lets get you enjoying the same service your wife is.

How far do you commute for work? What is the exact zip-code for your home area?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
allawash

I commute about 25 miles, my home zip code is 60178.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional information allawash. What kind of device do you have? We can try a few steps and send you some things to try that will be specific to your phone type to see if it will help.

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
allawash

Galaxy s6

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate this information, allawash. Were there any changes to your device before this issue began? If you activate your SIM card in your wife's phone, and use her SIM card in your phone, does the issue still occur?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
allawash

I've tried a second device (another Galaxy S6) and still have the same issue at where I work. Can barely get a good signal until I drive abut a quarter to half a mile away from the parking lot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking that out for us, allawash. It's not uncommon for a larger building to cause signal variations, even when a few hundred feet from the building, depending on where you are in comparison to the tower. You mentioned this started only a few days back. Do you recall what signal (1x, 3G, LTE) and how many bars appeared prior to this starting? Even with the lower signal strength, are you having trouble with calls or text or data? Are you familiar with any recent changes to the area, such as new construction perhaps?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes