Why is my device telling me mobile data is not available?
DLewis9
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the marshmallow update, I get "Mobile data is not available while you are on this call."

Never had this issue before, I always talk on the phone and use Waze at the same time...what's the fix?  I tried changing network mode from Global to LTE/CDMA.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mobile data not available
Weth
Legend

Can you see Advanced Calling is a feature that is on your account in My Verizon? It needs to be on the account and then activated with VoLTE or LTE voice and data on the phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DLewis9 We certainly want you to get full use of your device. Software updates can change the way we use our device. However, we will figure this out together. What is the phone make/model of your phone? Are you trying to use Waze when you are connected to Wi-Fi?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DLewis9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S6

Trying to use Waze while driving and talking on phone, no wi-fi.

Chatted with support reps earlier, seem to think the problem is because Advanced Calling is not active..

Cannot activate it after the update.  Chat rep sent me this alert link, but I cannot view it:

https://deviceforums.vzwcorp.com/CollectiveAlertsForum/alert?forum=Samsung%20Galaxy%20S%206%204G%20L...

Can you post the contents?  Apparently a known issue....hoping they find a fix soon.

I factory reset my phone earlier, in an attempt to fix...no help.

Thx

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

This is because advanced calling is nit active.  Do you have VoLTE call active on your S6?

0 Likes
DLewis9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't get it to activate..

0 Likes
DLewis9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently, it shows "Please wait, we are configuring Advanced Calling on your device" and then a screen that says "We encountered a problem activating Advanced Calling 1.0.  Please try again later."

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Can you see Advanced Calling is a feature that is on your account in My Verizon? It needs to be on the account and then activated with VoLTE or LTE voice and data on the phone.

0 Likes
DLewis9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I checked that, it was on the account, but I removed it..waited a bit, and then was able to activate it from my phone!

Yay..thanks for the help!

motts612

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7

I've had it for 2 years.  It has always worked.  Now, all of a sudden, it says "mobil network not available"

I haven't changed any settings.

Advanced calling is on with LTE activated.

What else can I try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring that your mobile data is working is very important, motts612. I am happy to assist. Since the issue began, have any changes been made to your phone such as third-party applications or software updates?

GregL_VZW

0 Likes