iPhone 5S Text Message Notifications Not Working
Retired_Wolfe

Text message notifications don't work.  All the settings are correct.  I backed up the iPhone 5s, did a full reset, and then restored.  Text messages worked for a while, but now are not working.  Anybody else seen this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5S Text Message Notifications Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Retired_Wolfe

It’s important that you’re receiving your new text message notifications. I would love to assist in resolving this device issue with you.

When did this problem begin? Are you able to successfully send and receive your text messages? Are you using the preloaded “Messages” application to send and receive text messages or are you using the Verizon Messages application? Lastly, what is your device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/1yIlnIb?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Retired_Wolfe

I have had the problem for some time, but just recently started working on it.  SW is IOS 9.3.1 and I am using the built in text messaging application.  Yes, I am able to send and receive text messages.  Loaded up the VZ messaging app and that is giving me notifications, for now.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Retired_Wolfe

Just sent a text msg from My Verizon and neither app generated an audible notification.  I do get the banner.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you are able to hear your message alert, Retired_Wolfe. Let's look into your sound notification issue together. When did this originally start for you? Is your phone currently upto date with the latest SW version?
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Retired_Wolfe

IOS is the latest version.  Last night I did a backup, reset, and restore.  Sent a text message from my computer and the audio alert worked.   This morning sent a text message and the audio alert did not work.  Am tempted to take the phone to the Apple store and let them figure this out.  4/8 14:35 Did a network reset, but this did not solve the problem.  Next I did a reset All Settings; did not do a restore yet.  Sent two text messages and did get an audio alert.  I expect after some time that the audio will quit working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to ensure that the issue doesn't return, Retired_Wolfe. I appreciate all the steps you have taken. Are there any other apps or services that are experiencing issues with audio notifications? Do you normally connect to a Bluetooth device, or keep the Bluetooth setting enabled?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes