Excessive data usage
amititzhaki
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I work for a company which develops mobile applications for Android and iOS. It seems that one of our apps has some issues when installed on any Verizon Wireless device. Therefore, I'm posting the details here, with hopes of finding a quick solution.

Our main product is a web content filtering application, that filters and blocks offensive content (i.e nudity, violence etc.) from being displayed on the device. In order for us to filter the web content before it reaches the device, our app creates a VPN connection from the device to our servers.

We have a large user base, some of whom are Verizon Wireless customers. Lately, we have been receiving many complaints from Verizon users regarding excessive data usage - these users claim that when our app is disabled, their data usage is reported normally to Verizon, but when enabled, as per Verizon's reading, the phone is consuming much more data (as per Verizon's reading). I'm talking about excessive amounts, x2-x3 more than usual.

This is extremely strange to us, since our service basically acts as a "middle man" between the device and the web (via the VPN connection), and does not comsume data on its own.

Furthermore, we are an international company and our app is installed on a large variety of devices that use cellular data from many mobile carriers worldwide. Verizon is the ONLY mobile carrier network with who we encountered this issue.

We would like to request technical assistance, in order for us to try and figure out what causes this issue, as it is causing great discomfort to our customers who use Verizon Wireless.

Due to the technical complexity of this issue, we'd appreciate it if we can be in contact privately via a PM or phone call to discuss this issue in detail.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Re: Excessive data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amititzhaki,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We know it’s important to manage data usage and we would like to help in anyway we can to address this. At this time, we have sent you a private message and we will be able to further assist there in private as you requested. We look forward to helping you.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amititzhaki
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Juan,

Thank you for your reply.

I have received your private message and replied to it in less than an hour, but I've yet to receive further contact from you.

Is there any chance you or someone else from the Verizon team contacts us so we can make some progress on this subject?

I understand that communicating via PM probably means that only one person can see and read my replies, so I'd greatly appreciate it if you can provide me with a phone number I can call.

Amit

0 Likes
amititzhaki
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Is someone looking into this matter? Please provide me with an update about this, as it's been quite a while and I still haven't gotten a helpful response from anyone.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes