My Note 3 is network locked, how do I get it unlocked?
gmathews

I Have an off contract Note 3, I want to use on AT&T. This device is an old phone, currently inactive. It is network locked. I took it to AT&T got a SIM card, but it will not connect. They said take it to Verizon for unlocking. I took it to two Verizon stores, one claimed it was illegal to do it, the other said they're not responsibility for this type of work. This is my phone bought and paid for, and not under any contract. How do I unlock it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Note 3 is network locked, how do I get it unlocked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmathews, we want to make sure that everything is well enough set for your Note 3 to be used on any networks. Verizon Wireless 4G devices come unlocked and do not require any unlocking to be used on another provider's network. However, we cannot guarantee that the device will properly function on another provider's network due to differences in signal between providers.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmathews, we want to make sure that everything is well enough set for your Note 3 to be used on any networks. Verizon Wireless 4G devices come unlocked and do not require any unlocking to be used on another provider's network. However, we cannot guarantee that the device will properly function on another provider's network due to differences in signal between providers.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It is unlocked. If it was locked it would tell you to enter a code to unlock it. Block C rules ensure the devices are unlocked.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Since it isn't an ATT phone it isn't provisioned for the network.  Installing a pre activated SIM card, or programming the APN setting will get you 3G.  The phone doesn't have bands for LTE On ATT.

0 Likes
gmathews

Everyone is not understanding. The phone accepted the sim, and the sim information, but will not register on the network. I used a SIM card reader app, all the information is right, except it still says the operator is Verizon, and it says it is network locked to Verizon. I tried an AT&T sim, no luck, I tried a MetroPCS sim, all the sims read network locked and to Verizon. I even used Samsung Kies to do a factory software restore, an still no change.  What is wrong?????

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It is unlocked and required by regulations to be unlocked. If it was locked as soon as you inserted the AT&T sim it should ask for a code.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF the phone hasn't been used in a long time, it might be domestic GSM locked.  Contact Verizon support and see if they can sort it out.

I am also wondering if it's been blacklisted

0 Likes
jskerbinc

As I said on the note4 same issue, that is not true and you know it

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jskerbinc. Let's take a closer look in to this issue for you. We are sending you a Private Note to get started. *Cassie

0 Likes