Why can't I see the icon for attachments to text messages I receive?
WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

I receive plain text messages fine, but when the sender attaches a photo or a video, I am not able to see anything except the name of the sender. Obviously, one of my settings is incorrect. Can someone help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I see the icon for attachments to text messages I receive?
WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

For those who have been reading this saga over the past few weeks, I want to report that Natasha fixed my problem. After we went to "private messaging", she helped me analyze my phone and its setup. We concluded that I had one or more apps that were the source of the problem. Something was blocking receipt of attachments. After I began eliminating the suspect apps, one at a time, and testing the phone, I found the culprit and uninstalled it. Now my phone works as it should. Thanks to Natasha and the Verizon team for helping me solve my problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WP67 - Viewing attachments sent to you via text message is crucial. Let's get you viewing those multi media messages. When did this issue begin? Were you able to view picture and video attachments before? Is this affecting all received photos and videos from all of your contacts or just specific numbers?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

As an "older" individual, I'm relatively new to the texting world. I believe I've had this problem all along. The problem affects all videos and photos sent to me from anyone. I've installed Verizon Message+ on my desktop and that helps a lot, but Message+ is primitive and hard to use. I would prefer seeing the attachments on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make getting these messages easy & carefree. Lets check in the default message app if you have Auto Retrieve enabled. You can follow the steps at this link to check http://spr.ly/6589BlRvZ
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

I kept getting an error when I tried to access the link you suggested, however I was able to verify that Auto Retrieve was already selected in my message app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WP67, we want to keep you connected via text message and ensure that you're able to retrieve those attachments. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Try deleting all unwanted text messages, power your device off/on and try to access that message. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you checking that setting, WP67. Do you experience any issues using data? If you happen to receive a picture message and go to check it, are you normally using WiFi or cellular data?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had 12.55GB of storage available before I followed your instructions. Deleted some texts and am now at 13.33GB available. Nothing has changed.

I am not able to receive any picture messages to my phone. I use data on the road and mostly data, but sometimes WiFi, at home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WP67, I want to make sure that we get this taken care of for you. I see this has been going on for a while. Can you tell me if the device has it's software up to date. Let's check this out on the phone. Also, lets clear the Cache on the device. Settings>Applications>From the All tab, locate then tap the appropriate app (messages)>Clear Cache.
VeronicaM_VZW

FVZWow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
WP67
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone tells me the software is up to date and I cleared the cache as you instructed.

0 Likes