Can I activate my Ravine 2 on Verizon?
Logan777

Hello,

I have a Casio G'zOne Ravine 2. It has been my backup phone but with my new job, I will need to use it. My problem is, I do not have a SIM card for it. I was told it was no longer supported by Verizon. Would I be able to go to the nearest Verizon store and purchase one?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM Card
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ravine 2 is a 3G phone - all you need to do to activate it on your account is to turn OFF your current phone (remove the SIM card if it has one), then turn on the Ravine,m and dial *228, and follow the prompts.  If that doesn't work, you may have to call *611 on the Ravine or 800-922-0204 from a landline or other phone, and activate the phone through customer service.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

Who told you can't activate this phone on Verizon?   It does not need, nor can use, a SIM card for Verizon access.  This will work as a CDMA phone on Verizon's network and you should b able to activate it.  

Logan777

Weth, thanks for the reply. I will not have the phone in my hands until tomorrow. I am just going off what I have been told(not any Verizon support or highly knowledgeable people). That is why I wanted to ask on here before I can activate it tomorrow.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ravine 2 is a 3G phone - all you need to do to activate it on your account is to turn OFF your current phone (remove the SIM card if it has one), then turn on the Ravine,m and dial *228, and follow the prompts.  If that doesn't work, you may have to call *611 on the Ravine or 800-922-0204 from a landline or other phone, and activate the phone through customer service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Logan777 Although we no longer carry the device we want to make sure you have the service you need. I’m sending you a link so you can contact the store to make sure they have one in stock. The other option is to order one directly from Casio at 800.637.5917 their website is http://www.casio.com/
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes