Why is selfie stick not working?
Donna1152
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mpow I snapX is paired to my HTC one, but the selfie stick doesn't work. I press on the stick to take a picture/video and the "ringer" volume indicator comes up on the screen. What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is selfie stick not working?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Donnna1152 thank you for confirming where it was purchased. When purchasing a device from a third party site we can not guarantee that it is going to work properly. I would recommend returning the selfie stick if you can and purchase another one directly from our site http://vz.to/1T8685X.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get you back in working order, Donna1152. If you have access to another phone, does this ringer come up when you use it on the other device? How does the stick connect to the HTC one? via bluetooth/ cable? What apps are being used when taking the pic?
DavidHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Donna1152
Enthusiast - Level 2

It connects by bluetooth (not wired) - I don't have another cell phone to try it on.  I use the camera app that came with my phone. I have been reading the forums regarding this, and I also went into the camera settings and set my "capture" button rather than the "volume button" That helped that problem. However, it still does not work. The two show that they are paired and the selfie stick blue light blinks when it is connected. I press the selfie stick button and nothing happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details Donna1152 . I know its important to get this working because the Selfie Stick is an awesome accessory. Have you tried removing the connection and setting it up again? Did you make sure your device was compatible?

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Donna1152
Enthusiast - Level 2

It pairs with my phone just fine. I have unpaired and paired it back up and it's still not working. I have tried everything to do that I've read in the forums. I've downloaded remote shutter app - didn't work either and a couple other apps that people on the forums said to try, but none of them worked.  I'm about ready to give up on this thing.Thanks for responding!Donna

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Donnna1152

It’s important to us that you’re able to use any compatible accessories with your HTC device, Donna.

Where did you purchase the selfie stick device and what is the exact model of the accessory? Let’s ensure it’s compatible with your HTC One.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the insight! Is the stick a compatible accessory with the HTC device?
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Donna1152
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased this from Amazon: 

Mpow iSnap X One-piece U-Shape Self-portrait Extendable Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: Donna Haines <donnna52@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:30 PM

Subject: - Why is selfie stick not working?

#yiv9439757760 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in HTC One - View the full discussion@Donnna1152

It’s important to us that you’re able to use any compatible accessories with your HTC device, Donna.

Where did you purchase the selfie stick device and what is the exact model of the accessory? Let’s ensure it’s compatible with your HTC One.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in HTC One by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
Donna1152
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased it from Amazon"

Mpow iSnap X One-piece U-Shape Self-portrait Extendable Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: Donna Haines <donnna52@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:33 PM

Subject: - Why is selfie stick not working?

#yiv9052756719 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in HTC One - View the full discussionI appreciate the insight! Is the stick a compatible accessory with the HTC device?

YosefT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in HTC One by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Donnna1152 thank you for confirming where it was purchased. When purchasing a device from a third party site we can not guarantee that it is going to work properly. I would recommend returning the selfie stick if you can and purchase another one directly from our site http://vz.to/1T8685X.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes