Can I do a hard reset of 4G LTE?
cjg_ak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

With the recent texting issues after the Lollipop upgrade, I am thinking that a hard restart of the device is in order.  My question is, will this be successful now that the device has Advanced Calling over the 4G LTE signal, or am I still going to face massive headache/failure since there is not a native VZW 3G signal available in this area?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hard reset Xperia z3v in Alaska
cjg_ak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Decided to be the guinea pig and go for it after backing up everything to SD card.  Hard restart worked over the LTE signal and the phone is performing 100% better.  Battery life improved, Hangouts is fully functional, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get these texting issues under control. Tell me more about what you are experiencing.
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cjg_ak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same general issues as everyone else so far.  From hangouts and messenger cannot send MMS and sometimes even SMS.  New received texts are shown on the app home page, but cannot be viewed in conversation format.  After attempting to view some messages just completely dissapear altogether. 

Now back to my original question, can I hard restart this phone in Alaska with the new advanced calling feature, again there is not a Verizon based 3g signal available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cjg_ak, thanks for the details. Before we do a reset, have you tried using any third party messenging apps? Here is a link to one you can try: http://bit.ly/1frq10t.

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cjg_ak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Decided to be the guinea pig and go for it after backing up everything to SD card.  Hard restart worked over the LTE signal and the phone is performing 100% better.  Battery life improved, Hangouts is fully functional, etc.

0 Likes