How do I restore my contact list?
parkrunner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm replacing a cheap flip phone with an Android phone.  Just before I switched I did a contact backup using Backup Assist.  After I switched I found the Backup Assist Plus app, which I assume is a compatible app that would restore my contacts to my new Android phone.  I launch this app and the only choice I am presented with is "Sync".  I don't want Sync, I want Restore.  I tried Sync anyway, thinking I would get a Restore option, and it told me it was backing up 10 contacts, which by the way failed.  Beside I never created any contacts on this new phone.  How do I restore my contacts to my new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Restore not an option in Backup Assistant
parkrunner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to restore the contacts by following the general advice of another user. That advice was to log into My Verizon, go to the Cloud services, export the contacts onto my PC (vcard format), transfer that file to the Android phone, then import them into the contacts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would log into the MyVerizon account online and go to the Backup Assistant area of the site.  From there I would export all the contacts to a CSV file or a Vcard contact file.  Then with a computer browser, I would log into the Google account I planned on using as the main Google account on the android phone.  I would take the previously saved CSV file and import it to the Google contacts.  Once signed in the Google account on the phone, the contacts will sync to the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure that your contacts are set on your new device! Lets take a closer look. What device are you using? Are the contacts present on the website? Instructions to Restore may be found here: http://vz.to/1JoQvPW
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
parkrunner
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to restore the contacts by following the general advice of another user. That advice was to log into My Verizon, go to the Cloud services, export the contacts onto my PC (vcard format), transfer that file to the Android phone, then import them into the contacts.

0 Likes