Will I have cell service in Maui
thelmafoxy_

We are thinking about traveling to Maui and would like to know if I would have cell service in Maui.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will I have cell service in Maui
Weth
Legend

Maui has great coverage and there is no extra charge for service. As a great U.S. state, it is domestic service just as if you were in Lebanon, Kansas (center of the contiguous U.S.) with no additional charges or roaming fees for calls, text or data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thelmafoxy, I hope you have a wonderful trip. For coverage options, visit: http://spr.ly/6581BbBgV.
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tcad
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, you will have Verizon serice in Maui. Was recently there and had no signal problems.

0 Likes
Dsapon

I have the same question. I will be traveling there this week and I know there is coverage there, but will I be charged anything extra for using my cell service? I am on a MORE EVERY UNL TALK & TEXT plan and am just wondering. Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Maui has great coverage and there is no extra charge for service. As a great U.S. state, it is domestic service just as if you were in Lebanon, Kansas (center of the contiguous U.S.) with no additional charges or roaming fees for calls, text or data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Weth, thanks for helping us support our customers. You're correct. We do have coverage in Maui. For more information regarding our coverage, click http://vz.to/1RM49W3

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

I don't know why people think alaska or Hawaii are different as the wireless plans promote US coverage and they are part of of the US. The only place I would be leary of is PR but I've been there with no trouble, and with my T-Mobile device I can travel anywhere in North America and be fine. I think VZ offers those plans now.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, it is amazing how often this question comes up.

You are correct, with the new Verizon Plan, if you have 18 GB or more of data on your plan, it includes Canada and Mexico roaming for no additional charge.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for the heads up I travel often so it's nice o know. We have customers in Canadia and DR and I always used my other phone to text or call them.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually when I see these questions for Hawaii, many times I mention our forum resident Hawaiian to provide the real world answer.  That would be you Tidbits​!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.