Device Non Return Fee
Sumyrrd

I have been a Verizon customer for over 15 years (with the exception of 1 year) and I have experienced a situation with them lately that has left me questioning if they even believe is taking care of the customers that keep them in business.  I have three, smartphone lines with them and I pay close to $350 each month for my service.  I purchased the iPhone 6+ last year and in 10 months I had to get a replacement phone because I was no longer able to hear - the sounds stopped working.  I went into my local store and they created a new order for my phone.  I received my phone and within a couple days, and prepared to send my old, non-working device back to Verizon.  I took the postage-paid, labeled envelope they sent me and placed my device in the envelope.  Here is where the story thickens.  On December 8, 2015 I took my broken phone to the United States Post Office and mailed my phone back to Verizon.  I thought I had done what was expected of me and didn't think anymore of it.  A week later, I called Verizon to make sure they had received my phone back.  The representative told me that he could see my device had been received in the warehouse, but I had not been scanned. He told me not to worry about it, everything looked good.  Shortly after, I started receiving text messages that I needed to return my phone.  I religiously called Verizon each week to check on the status of my returned phone.  Needless to say, each time, I had to speak with a new rep, who had to re-familiarize themselves with my account.  The text messages and phone calls went on for several more weeks, to no avail.  My phone was never received by Verizon.  I was proactive and responsible by calling each week to make sure all was well with my account.  One month later, January 2016 I received notice that Verizon was going to charge my account the device non-return fee because my phone had not been returned.  Again, I called and called trying to figure it out.  I spoke with customer service agents, members of management - a host of different people.  One manager in particular by the name of Nathan told me he would personally call me back after he created a ticket to see if my phone was sitting in the warehouse.  I never heard from Nathan again.  I continued to call and see if any movement had been recorded on my phone - at the end of January, Verizon added a non-return fee of $700 to my account.  I'm beside myself.  I am not an irresponsible customer and I called Verizon more times than I can count to help me find my phone.  I've gone through at least 6 different agents, who I end up having to repeat my story over and over.  It's frustrating, irritating and morally wrong.  At the beginning of February 2015, an agent at Verizon told me that I was supposed to actually send my phone back with UPS, not USPS.  I have been to the post office twice and they don't care either.  They told me that UPS picks up from them every day and my phone would have been turned over to UPS if the package was for them.  I have called UPS and they don't have any tracking information at all on my phone.  Nobody knows where my phone is, and I have an outstanding balance of $700 sitting on my account.  Is there nothing Verizon is willing to do to make this right?  They make millions of their customers, is there never a situation where they do the right thing and take care of a customer who is loyal and genuinely returned their device in good faith?  Now, it's February 11, 2016 and I have no recourse.  I took to this online blog site to see if I could get some help and resolution.  Please help me.  There was one Verizon agent who I spoke with on 2/6/16.  His name is Lexus.  Whoever his boss is, please let me know he was the BEST agent Verizon has!  He was sympathetic, understanding and very patient with me.  Unlike the other agents I've spoken with - he actually cared about my situation.  He deserves acknowledgment for his customer service.  I hope to hear from Verizon soon with a resolution to this problem.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Device Non Return Fee
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening, Summer. I'm sorry to learn of the issues outlined in your post regarding the return of your defective device. I want to review you account and explore options to resolve.  I sent you a direct message, please reply to it at your convenience, and we’ll be able to assist you further.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
m0nk3yman

I have been with Verizon for awhile now too, not as long as you but I am going through a similar situation, for a second time. I spent 6 months straight trying to take care of it the first time. This time, I was told to go through FedEx and now I can't seem to find a tracking number from them or the store I had print it off. Frustrated just begins to describe how I feel.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly don't want to see you frustrated when you're talking about your Verizon Wireless experience, m0nk3yman. I appreciate the time you've been with Verizon and know your time is valuable.  How long ago did you return a device? Have you been able to locate that tracking number and see when the package was delivered to us? Did you drop your device off at a post office, FedEx, or UPS location?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
m0nk3yman

I sent off the device back on January 4th from a FedEx location. I went

through a similar situation last year and received emails reminding me to

send in my device or stating it was late. I didn't receive any this time

and recently discarded the tracking info as I didn't think it was needed

anymore. I was wrong when I checked my recent bill. I've been back and

forth from FedEx and Verizon stores near me with no luck. FedEx is telling

me they can't help me without knowing the destination address and the

Verizon representative told me it wasn't their problem any more since I

dropped it off at FedEx. I went to them to print off the shipping slip as I

didn't have a printer available. I'm not sure why no one can find out where

the shipping information is.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! That is disheartening, m0nk3yman. I can do my best to locate the tracking information based on what we have in your account. I've sent a Private Message here in the forum, so please log into https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox and reply so we can dig a bit deeper.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
Kushapdw

I have the same concern.  Even a Supervisor, Larry, informed me I shouldn’t have this charge and confirmed they have the device. Larry sends a text message to my daughters phone saying I have to pay it. I asked him to give me a call and get ignored.  I purchased my daughters cellphone on the BOGO deal and they are charging me for her phone STILL!  I have been with this Company for 20 plus years.  

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes