Version service always 3G. Not 4G or LTE.
daemonwatcher

I switched to Verizon from ATT about 5 months ago. I live in Raleigh ( not an outer region but pretty much in Wake County). My phone is constantly in 3G mode. This is the latest iPhone 6. Even other phones on version are in 3G. This in the house, outside on the road, in the shopping center nearby. Where is this  best 4G coverage we keep hearing about in the advertisements.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Version service always 3G. Not 4G or LTE.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about the service issues you're experience daemonwatcher. I know having service at home and in your immediate area is important. What is your zipcode?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
daemonwatcher

NC 27617.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If this is the only phone seeing issues, get the SIM Card re-activated. If all other phones are seeing the same issue, find a location that has "5 bars" of 3G, and power cycle the phone in that location. Make sure LTE is enabled in the iPhone at Settings > Cellular > Enable LTE. IT can be set to "Voice + Data" or "Data." Voice and Data will provide Voice over LTE support, allowing data use while on a call and improving call quality.

If you brought the iPhone from AT&T, make sure that you reset your APN settings to defaults. If AT&T information is still filled in but you have a Verizon SIM installed, you may get CDMA connectivity (normal, as CDMA doesn't use SIM Cards) but LTE may be all sorts of broken.

About cellular data network settings on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

daemonwatcher,

We are glad that you reached out to us here, because help is our middle name. Let’s get to the bottom of this for you. Thank you for the Zip Code information. I appreciate the helpful steps that smith6612 has provided. Have you been able to try these steps? Your area does have 4G coverage & has a decent amount of tower coverage, so this shouldn’t be happening. Since you have been with us, have you ever had LTE display on your phone?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
daemonwatcher

Yes when I am in other areas, the phone does show LTE.

It is only when I am at home and nearby. I am trying to locate a place where I can get more bars of 3G so that I can try the solution. I will drive around today to see.

Any way of booting the power near where I am? I can send you my exact address in a separate e-mail.

0 Likes