Trying to install VZ Protect on new Galaxy 5 but get a message that my accunt has been suspended and to check on VZ Wireless/mobilesecurity for more info. Could not find add'l info.
bmore21210

Can someone at VZ or in the community tell me why this would be the case?  I'm still in my first 30 days of network service.  I dd already install Avast Mobile Security since I had a 3 device subscription.  Could this be the reason?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trying to install VZ Protect on new Galaxy 5 but get a message that my accunt has been suspended and to check on VZ  Wireless/mobilesecurity for more info.  Could not find add'l info.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do yourself a favor, and stick with Avast.  I use it on my computer, and my phone, and my tablet.  The Verizon app (through McAfee) does all the same stuff (protects against viruses, malware, theft protection. etc...) and if you know and like Avast (as I do), and it's already working on your phone, stay with it.  Anti-virus/anti-malware programs typically don't play well together and having more than one installed usually causes problems.

Verizon Support & Protection Basic is a FREE application available to smartphone customers. The security features included in Verizon Support & Protection are provided by McAfee® and Asurion Mobile Applications help to protect your mobile device from viruses, malware and other digital threats. Includes McAfee® SiteAdvisor®. * Features may vary by operating system, please see list for details

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trying to install VZ Protect on new Galaxy 5 but get a message that my accunt has been suspended and to check on VZ Wireless/mobilesecurity for more info. Could not find add'l info.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bmore21210, we're jumping on the case. Are you trying to download a 3rd party application from Google Play market? Are you connecting your device to a PC to download this 3rd party application to your device?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Trying to install VZ Protect on new Galaxy 5 but get a message that my accunt has been suspended and to check on VZ Wireless/mobilesecurity for more info. Could not find add'l info.
bmore21210

Are you asking about AVAST or Verizon Protect?  Avast is already downloaded and working properly on my Galaxy 5 for the past week or so.   Using my Galaxy I went directly to my online Avast account where it downloaded and installed without any problems. Did not use Google play or the PC.

As for Verizon Protect, it is an app that was preinstalled on the Galaxy G-900V. I simply tried to open it the first time to see what it is all about and it takes me to Verizon Support and Protection on the phone where the message reads: Sorry, your account has been suspended.  Please visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/mobilesecurity for more information." 

could it be because I only have month to month 1G plan?  I would only want the Basic,free version since I won't use the phone for much outiside the range of my home WiFi.   I won't want it at all if it will compete with the AVAST security app and slow things down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great detailed information more21210. Let’s keep working on this together. Unfortunately, your device might not be certified to support the Verizon Support & Protection app. Please check the app market on your device for a future update. However the application of Avast may be hindering it from working. Have you tried to remove Avast from your phone and try again ? Also check to see if any software updates are needed on your phone.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Trying to install VZ Protect on new Galaxy 5 but get a message that my accunt has been suspended and to check on VZ  Wireless/mobilesecurity for more info.  Could not find add'l info.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do yourself a favor, and stick with Avast.  I use it on my computer, and my phone, and my tablet.  The Verizon app (through McAfee) does all the same stuff (protects against viruses, malware, theft protection. etc...) and if you know and like Avast (as I do), and it's already working on your phone, stay with it.  Anti-virus/anti-malware programs typically don't play well together and having more than one installed usually causes problems.

Verizon Support & Protection Basic is a FREE application available to smartphone customers. The security features included in Verizon Support & Protection are provided by McAfee® and Asurion Mobile Applications help to protect your mobile device from viruses, malware and other digital threats. Includes McAfee® SiteAdvisor®. * Features may vary by operating system, please see list for details

0 Likes
bmore21210

Thanks SuzyQ. I think your advice is probably the best solution. I will

just not activate the VZ app.

0 Likes