When calling, no sound through handset or speaker, but Bluetooth headset works fine.
Chromguru

Looking for help - I have a Galaxy S5. When I dial or receive calls, I can no longer hear anything through the handset or speaker; but my Bluetooth headset works fine. Turning off the headset, turning off Bluetooth, or unpairing - removing - the headset doesn't fix the problem...

i Have tried disabling or removing various apps but am unsuccessful.

Thank you in advance to the kind soul knowing the answer to this.

0 Likes
Re: When calling, no sound through handset or speaker, but Bluetooth headset works fine.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here for you! When you receive the phone call, have you attempted simply pressing the volume up key? What happens when you do this? The device will indicate if it is connected to Bluetooth, or if headphones are still being recognized. Please also power the device off and back on. Let me know how this helps.
TylerK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: When calling, no sound through handset or speaker, but Bluetooth headset works fine.
Chromguru

Hi Tyler -

Thanks for your response.

Based on your suggestion,  I tried a wired headset - hadn't done that before.

When the call comes in,  the wired headset works fine (just like the Bluetooth) and there is a small icon which indicates the headset is plugged in.  If I unplug the headset, the icon disappears,  but there is still no sound from the handset or speaker.

Is there a setting somewhere for "only use headsets and nothing else"?

Sent from Blue Mail

0 Likes