Why does iphone 5s music starts to play when itunes app is off?
bill-roberts

Having a problem when I hang up from an incoming call on my Iphone 5s my music starts to play, the itunes app is off but the random song starts to play. I see that this is a common problem, but no comments to resolve. any help? Also having a problem using Bluetooth connection when receiving an incoming call or text, nothing will be shown on the screen in the car, phone is linked properly.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does iphone 5s music starts to play when itunes app is off?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There may be an issue with the iOS version and the firmware version of your cars Radio.  If that is the case you'll need a firmware upgrade from the radio manufacturer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bill-roberts Having a working phone is a top priority to us. When you say the iTunes starts playing music. Is it possible that it’s another music app such as Pandora? As for the Bluetooth, did it ever work in this car before? Does the Bluetooth work outside the car?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-roberts

Yes the phone did work on this car before for a short time, I don't have any other music app and the blue tooth in the car works with other phones (non Verizon)and my iPad. The phones blue tooth iTunes app works in the house when connected to my Bose speaker and also in the car when I play music. When I researched this problem on the web I found similar issues with the Verizon iPhone 5s when connecting to a Chevy vehicle. The phone will not answer through my blue tooth feature in my car, but I can call out through use of my contact list from my phone using the cars radio screen. I have reconnected the phone a few times now without any improvement.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There may be an issue with the iOS version and the firmware version of your cars Radio.  If that is the case you'll need a firmware upgrade from the radio manufacturer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bill-roberts, Bluetooth functionality in a car is important for hands-free purposes plus it’s also convenient. Let’s get to the bottom of this.

You’ve mentioned that the iPhone 5S worked properly in the car at one time. Since then, have you done any software updates to your device? Has anything changed with your Chevy vehicle’s Bluetooth or radio settings?

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bill-roberts

checked the phone to see if any updates were pending, NONE,  I don't knw if any automatically downloaded. Nothing changed in the car that I'm aware of but I understand that GM can do update through onstar without our knowledge.  As I mentioned earlier, other phones as well as my iPad still function as usual only issue is with the iPhone 5s.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insight, Bill. Are there other iPhones running the same software version as  your iPhone that have the issue? What software version is the Apple tablet running?
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-roberts

The other phone is not an iPhone, the iPad version is iOS 9.2.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bill-roberts, let’s keep trucking toward finding out what’s going on. Is that the same software version that  you have on the iPhone too? Also have you attempted to look at the car’s manufacturer’s site to see if there were any troubleshooting steps to try there too or any recent updates done on the car’s software system?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-roberts

The phone is with my wife at work along with the vehicle. I did not check GM web site.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes