Verizon Account Security Alerts
birddawg1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just wondering how to set up to get an alert through text to let me know when someone has accessed or logged into my Verizon Wireless account.  I've searched but could not find an answer, except a thread from 2 years ago that said it can't be done....The problem with that is that I've seen it with my own eyes.

We logged into my brother's Verizon account while we were in Ohio visiting family and Verizon sent him a text about the login.  Is this only for certain regions currently??Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Account Security Alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Birddawg 1980, I would like to help with your wonders about setting up alerts when someone logs into My Verizon. Normally. the only alert you would receive is if there was an issue with someone logging in without the correct password or an unauthorized attempts. How many people have access to your online account? Are you an account manager on your brother's account? Share more details so I can look further into your concerns.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
birddawg1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey there,

Thanks for following up.  I am the only user, but was thinking about adding my step daughter to my account, but want to be able to turn on the notifications to log into my account from another IP than mine.  (She lives with their mother).  How can I turn that feature on or off?  Is it something that can be turned on and off or is it just always on and I don’t have to worry about it?

Kind Regards,

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Birddawg1980,

Your account security is important to us and we want you to feel secure about you’re My Verizon Account. However, we do not have alerts to notify you when an authorized account manager has signed in but you will receive notification of any changes.  Click on the link to learn more about what roles an account manager has http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/assign-account-manager-roles-faqs/

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes