What is this new "icon" that locks the screen and how do I get rid of it?
2boydmd

Ok, this is really strange, I now have this "icon" similar to a Facebook Messenger Chat Head, that won't go away and if you tap it, it locks your screen and you cannot do anything.  I finally figured out how to do a soft boot from on here, but now I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of this "icon"  Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is this new "icon" that locks the screen and you have to do a soft reboot to get it back?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back to business with the right security for how you need it, 2boymd. We have seen this icon is related to the Peel Smart Remote. To disable this functionality go to Settings > Applications > Application manager > All and uninstall updates for the Peel Smart Remote application.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What is this new "icon" that locks the screen and you have to do a soft reboot to get it back?
2boydmd

Screenshot_2016-02-06-11-10-31.png

here is a picture of the "icon" it will only stay to the far left or far right of the screen

0 Likes
Dstave2112

I have the exact same problem, started 2 days ago.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back to business with the right security for how you need it, 2boymd. We have seen this icon is related to the Peel Smart Remote. To disable this functionality go to Settings > Applications > Application manager > All and uninstall updates for the Peel Smart Remote application.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes