Why can't I access my mobile data?
PZ23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I lose mobile data very often when not connected to wifi yet have a strong 4G connection. If I restart my phone, mobile data is connected and all is well. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to fix problem connecting to mobile data. With no wifi connection I must restart phone to connect to mobile data.
PZ23
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update to android 6.0 Marshmallow appears to have resolved the problem. I have not had the problem in the ten days since the update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to fix problem connecting to mobile data. With no wifi connection I must restart phone to connect to mobile data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PZ23,
Help is here. Losing your data is not the experience you should have with 4G. How often is this happening? What errors are appearing on your phone when this does happen?

KatiM

0 Likes
PZ23
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens nearly every time I am away from a wifi connection. The error I get is the notification "You are off line. Wi-Fi and mobile data are unavailable...." ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED"

If I restart the phone, it connects and stays connected for quite a while.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, PZ23. Do you happen to know if Airplane Mode is on the device? If so, make sure that's turned off. Does the issue tend to happen at a specific location?

TimothyS_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PZ23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not in airplane mode.

My wife and daughter have the same Galaxy S6 and we all experience the same problem, not all of the time, but I probably experience it 50% of the time. On all three phones, if we shut down and restart (not just restart) the mobile connection does work.

BTW, I did do a system cache clear but it did not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have PZ23. Let's look deeper into this together. May I ask what is the exact software, baseband, and kernel version on your device? To get this info, go to Settings > About Phone. Are you using any 3rd party wifi apps to help manage your data connections?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PZ23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what you need for software? Is the following what you need:?

Android version 5.1.1

Android security patch level 215-11-01

Baseband version

G920VVRU48OK7

Kernel version

dpi@SWHE8821 #1

Fri Nov 20 15:21:24 KST 2015

0 Likes
Mtfree
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same. Called verizon at least 4 times. Each time a different solution. Last time over a week ago they said I'd get an update soon, whenever that is. Very frustrated.

0 Likes
PZ23
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update to android 6.0 Marshmallow appears to have resolved the problem. I have not had the problem in the ten days since the update.

0 Likes