Can I use video calling on the Note 5?
wolfnerd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just purchased  a Samsung  Note 5..... does Verizon  support  video calling at this time?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Video calling
Snn5
Legend

Yes, but you need VoLTE/Advanced calling turned on the phone/account and you must have LTE signal and only works between 2 compatible Verizon phones with settings enabled.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Yes, but you need VoLTE/Advanced calling turned on the phone/account and you must have LTE signal and only works between 2 compatible Verizon phones with settings enabled.

rcschnoor
Legend

Along with what Snn5 has provided, video calling has been available for quite some time with 3rd party apps such as Skype. One thing I am not so sure of is that Verizon native video calling via VoLTE/Advanced calling can only be performed via cellular on an LTE signal. If I remember correctly, I tried this when first available and was able to do this over wifi. Advanced calling must be activated, but once it is, the capability is also available via a wifi signal, not just cellular on LTE. Of course it has been some time since I tried this and my memory may not be completely accurate.

Of course, keep in mind any video calling you do over cellular will count against your data allowance, not your calling minute allowance.

wolfnerd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info.....