When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
sonja102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a die hard Blackberry user and this device has been out on other carriers for some time now--I believe T-Mobile is even going to beat out Verizon in launching this device!!! I've seen March, but why so long? My contract expired long ago. I'm trying my best to hold out for the Priv, but if something doesn't happen soon, I may be switching over to another carrier that does not require such a long wait for new devices. Verizon is always the last to release new devices. Very frustrating considering Verizon is one of the most expensive when it comes to wireless service... Get with it Verizon and give us the new device we have all been asking and waiting for!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sonja102, Our goal is to give our customers the best products/services, not the first products/services. I know how it can be to wait for that special device. We would never want to lose you as a customer over a phone model. The manufacture has the right not to disclose any specific dates. For more information on product releases, visit:http://bit.ly/n5snpq.

Re: When is Verizon going to FINALLY release the Blackberry Priv?!? Why so long?
Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

So Verizon, Can you release any information for us now about the the Blackberry Priv release date? Or maybe a complimentary email to all the people who have signed up for the update but haven't heard anything since November 8th of 2015.

You know I'm in sales as well, and if I left my costumers with, we don't have the device you want at this time but it's "coming soon" Ill keep you updated with a friendly E-mail, and I never contacted them between the period of time I told them to when I actually got the device. They would no longer be my customers because they would have jumped ship and gone to someone else like AT&T or T mobile. Your forcing a lot of customers to really try and hang on to a great network, that seems like they don't give a crap about customer relationship.

Throw us a freakin Bone!!!!

0 Likes
scfort
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with you, my friend.  I have been a long-time BB carrier and am out of contract.  I wanted so much to purchase a Passport but that did not work out for us VZW customers.

Fingers still crossed for Priv releasing on VZW this quarter.

Hang in there!

sonja102
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so with Galvand right now. Rather than tell me that your goal is not to provide us with the first products/services, why not update those of us that signed up for updates back in November. The only reason I stay with Verizon is because you have the most reliable network. It is certainly not for the competitive rate plans (which they really aren't all that competitive as your rate plans are some of the most expensive) and clearly not for the customer service nor the price points of your devices (they are some of the most expensive out there as well). I'm really trying hard to stick with Verizon, but you are making it very difficult at this point. I may be switching back to TMobile soon--the company I came from.

Galvand
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hard to stay with a company no matter how reliable there network is, as if they don't treat there customers like customers. Almost tempted to tell them my next bill is in the mail and it will be "coming soon" and that ill update them on the status of that via e-mail

Verizon Wireless AdminVerizon AdminVerizon Wireless Customer Support

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sadden to lose you as a customer Sonja102. Being your service provider is a privilege and we would never want you to sacrifice network and reliability. I know it is important to have the best value, network considered as well. We have many plan options and offers to ensure you are always getting the best value.  You can use our Wireless Account Analysis tool here http://vz.to/1P0KP0D to check your plan and see if there is a better fit for you.

As for the new phone, I am glad you are so excited for it! I am excited too and I hope that release dates are announced soon. If I had a release date I would happily share it, but that information has not been disclosed yet. You can monitor release updates and news for the device here: http://vz.to/1SxUfq3

KrystelH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sonja102, Verizon never likes seeing our customers go elsewhere. We always want our customers to be able to use the devices they want on our network. If you have already signed up for the email alerts for the BlackBerry Priv, you are already in the best position to be notified. At this time we do not have any information to share regarding that device or the release date. Is there something specific, like a feature, you like about that device? We can take a look at what that is and try to find something equivalent.

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

MarkP_VZW:

I agree with Galvand. I have a business degree, more specifically a degree in operations and supply chain management. I am aware that sometimes a company is not be able to meet customer demand for a product, however when a company chooses to engage in poor customer service by refusing to provide customers with updates, they search for other alternatives.

I have been a Verizon month-to-month customer for many years. I too am contemplating a move to a Verizon competitor that can satisfy my needs. Now, even though Verizon currently cannot satisfy my needs, switching carriers would NOT even be a consideration if only there was only an update.

I am sure Verizon is aware that when customers speak up, there are countless others that feel the same way and are simply NOT voicing their opinion. Please note, that this is only one forum and you have three Verizon customers considering to leave for your competitors. How many more forums are there online (not just on this website) similar to this one? How many more people are also considering alternatives that simply have not voiced this?

Perhaps this is actually a communication issue? Sometimes in a large company like Verizon, management is unaware of the severity of certain issues to its customers. Could you please do us all a favor? I would like you to notify your direct report's direct report's direct report (your boss's boss's boss; 3 levels up) about this problem and personally respond to us on this issue. I am assuming this would be at least a senior manager, director, or senior director. I look forward to hearing from them.

Thank you,

Chrono2050

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I love Blackberrys, I've owned 5, I've been to their factory and headquarters in Waterloo, and am also looking forward to the Priv.

Its no fun to be ignored but that's not what this is. With every product they give 2 announcement updates, 1 when they reach a sales agreement (which we are aware of) and the 2nd when everything is finalized and a launch date is set and imminent. The time between these can definitely be too long for my liking also.

While I wish it was quicker they can't give us an update right now since there would be no information available for them to provide other than 'Hey we're still working on it!' I'd be annoyed to receive regular updates saying that personally. The Priv passed FCC certification on 12/23, so now the real work can happen.

There are so many different parties and factors involved, from the manufacturing, testing, creating online/retail marketing,  training, IT integration, IT app creation, and having their insurance carrier accept and assign it to their policies. They also have to have all documents approved by their legal department and RIM, and have the shipping and schedule plans set for the device, and for accessories from their vendors after they make them and set pricing, and roll out training to all customer facing employees.

Even the rep's boss's boss's boss would only be able to provide us with the same 'update' information telling us they're still working on it, and to sign up for updates to be notified asap since a manager/director in the customer service dept also has nothing to do with product launches. They can listen to you vent if that helps, but Verizon keeps any launch info confidential until ready even internally to prevent leaks of info that could change, be incorrect or affect them competitively. They'd rather not provide a 'guessed' date that would likely change or be inaccurate since that also decreases customer satisfaction. Blackberry as a company is a little slimmer and slower nowadays than they used to be due to their financial situation, so that's part of it especially if they are manufacturing other devices for other competitors that placed an order first, but certainly most delays occur at the carrier level, and Verizon certainly isn't the fastest.

Release dates tend not to be planned too far in advance, as historically it's negatively affected sales during the interim. Executives are definitely aware customers would like this process to be faster, but since they don't lose many customers due to 'wanting an update that isn't available' they focus most on the actual reasons the majority of customers cancel to maximize profit like any other smart company.

Yes there's complaints about updates, and tons of other issues, and there has always been. You can look back years and see the same process. If the delay in updates is critically important, the only real way to voice the need for change is to speak with your wallet, as they pay attention to why they lose customers and money.

In the past they lost a significant amount of customers to competitors due to not offering specific devices such as the flip razr, iPhone, plan pricing so they continue to analyze and come out with new devices and pricing structures when needed. Lots of customers over many years have complained about not having rollover like AT&T, and even threaten to leave, but very few actually do, like with this 'update delay' issue. More recently they've lost a good amount to T-mobile for their 'no contract' option, and to others for ETF buyouts so they implemented those also. They'll continue to analyze market trends, read complaints and suggestions and survey customers as things change.

Verizon has never been known for fast launches, so besides being nothing new the size of their customer/employee base can take somewhat longer than others to ensure enough products are in place and that training is completed.

The other manufactrers are also factored in. If there's issues or launches going on (especially the ones that make them more money due to customer popularity), it can cause a delay, and some manufacturers might have an agreement with Verizon to not launch new smartphones from other manufacturers within a specified time period surrounding there's.

I know you want an update yesterday, but aside from them making up information or guessing since they don't have it yet. Employees do usually receive launch date information the day before it is publicly announced, but even then would be restricted from sharing the confidential information until a public relations announcement, and wouldn't want to risk their jobs. The process is similar with software rollouts, just much less involved.