Why can't I make calls with an unlocked device?
rogerson_martins

Hello,

I bought an unlocked cell phone Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V of Verizon from a friend and I brought with me to Brazil. I am working here and will stay here for a long time. I bought a SIM card of the operator VIVO. I am able to access the data network, but I can not make calls. every time I make a call is shown the "conditional call forwarding active" message. I already tried using the code * 73 but is not working. I do not have access to My Verizon to cancel this function and on Cellphone setting, there is the setting of this Unable function. the model SM-G920V there is no access to this feature. Can someone help me? What should I do to solve this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlocked Cell Phone - Conditional call forwarding active - Unable to make call
mama23dogs
Legend

You will not be able to use carrier specific features on another carrier (call forward).  You need to contact Vivo to program the APN settings for calls and texts.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Cell Phone - Conditional call forwarding active - Unable to make call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having service while traveling is a must rogerson.martins. Let’s step up and solve this issue right away. Do you have any third party applications installed that affect the Call Forwarding feature? The phone is pre-unlocked for international sim cards. So once you change the sim card to another carrier, there’s no other setting to change. With the Vivo sim it would connect to the new service and not interact with Verizon Wireless. So you don’t need to worry about Call Forwarding setup on the My Verizon account. You may also want to check for any third party applications you’ve downloaded that affect call forwarding. Possibly there is an app causing this message. If you don’t, then I would recommend reaching out to Vivo to make sure this is a compatible device.  

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You will not be able to use carrier specific features on another carrier (call forward).  You need to contact Vivo to program the APN settings for calls and texts.

0 Likes