Can I retrieve messages from a dead device?
emv1983

I lost my phone over the weekend, it was found but it will take a few days to get it. Is there a way to retrieve voicemails and text messages in the meantime?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieving messages from dead cell phone?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can check your voicemail from another phone by calling your 10-digit mobile number, pressing # to interrupt your greeting, then entering your password and pressing #.

If you were using Verizon Messages, you can check your texts via your My Verizon account.  Otherwise, you may be out of luck since the phone needs to be turned on and have coverage for texts to be delivered.  The network will attempt delivery for five days from the date of receipt, and if not delivered within that 120-h timeframe, they're deleted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Retrieving messages from dead cell phone?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can check your voicemail from another phone by calling your 10-digit mobile number, pressing # to interrupt your greeting, then entering your password and pressing #.

If you were using Verizon Messages, you can check your texts via your My Verizon account.  Otherwise, you may be out of luck since the phone needs to be turned on and have coverage for texts to be delivered.  The network will attempt delivery for five days from the date of receipt, and if not delivered within that 120-h timeframe, they're deleted.

0 Likes