Verizon messages sending duplicate text messages
bbrody

I've had my HTC desire 612 for under a year and just recently (within the last few months) it has started to send the same text message multiple times to people. One time my friend got the message 30 times. I am using the Verizon messages app that came with the phone. I have tried clearing the data and shut it on and off but the problem persists. When it sends the message more then once, on my message thread it only shows up as sending once.  I really want to get this figured out because it is very annoying and is quite bothersome

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon messages sending duplicate text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbrody Duplicate messages can be very bothersome. I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your messages application. Let's figure this out. When did the problem begin? For troubleshooting purposes, what happens if you use the standard text messaging application and not the Verizon Messages app?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bbrody

Hi,  This has been going on for at least a couple of months. I would say late November. It does it when I use the standard text messaging application as well but it is very sporadic in which messages get sent multiple times so it doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's a lot

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbrody,

I hear you. No one enjoys having messaging issues. We are focused on getting this fixed. Any recent software updates? Any updates available for the application?

JuanD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MaxPower0102
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the Samsung Edge.  I sent a text today thought the Messages app.  It went through 10 times!!!!!!!

Not the 1st time this has happened.   VERY frustrated!!!!!! 2016-02-03 11.49.57.jpg

d711van
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing, I send 1 text and the recipient gets 10 copies.

0 Likes
d711van
Enthusiast - Level 1

Something is wrong with Verizon. Not my phone. FIX IT VERIZON.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your friends to get only one copy of each message, Dan. Let’s get some more details about you particular situation. When did this issue start? What is your phone model? Does it happen when you are connected to WiFi or cellular network? What messaging application do you use? Does this happen with a particular contact only?

AntonioC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
d711van
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

It happens with all different message apps. over a cell network and

Wifi. It happens to every one I text.

Thanks, Dan Georgino

0 Likes