How do I buy a new device to upgrade my existing prepaid account?
b_craw
Enthusiast - Level 1

The website seems to force you to buy a new prepaid plan when buying a device.  I have an existing prepaid phone (Moto G) that I've had for more than two years, and I simply want to buy a new phone and keep the same number and plan.  I don't see why Verizon makes this so difficult for loyal prepaid customers, when it is such an easy process for contract customers.  I want to BUY (pay you money) for a new phone.  Why is that so difficult?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I buy a new device to upgrade my existing prepaid account?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure you the perfect device in your hands, b_craw. The last thing we would want is for your experience to be negative. Let’s make sure you are aware of all your options. For better assistance with our pre paid devices I would recommend you contact our pre paid customer service line at 1-888-294-6804. I hope this information is of assistance. Please reach out at any time for any further help.
SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
b_craw
Enthusiast - Level 1

B.S.  Contract users upgrade devices online everyday without having to call customer service.  This simply confirms that Verizon wants to make prepaid service as difficult as possible to persuade people into long term contracts. 

I know what device I want, I know what plan I want.  The website does not allow me to upgrade my device.  All I was asking was how to buy the device, since the Verizon website does not allow me to buy it without a new plan and phone number. 

If I buy a Verizon prepaid device at Walmart, will I be able to switch my current prepaid plan to that device using the My Verizon website?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We love and appreciate our prepaid customers as much as our postpaid customers. All customers are important to us and would never make it difficult to purchase a phone or change a plan on our website. We recommend contacting our prepaid department to make the process easier. If you choose to buy a phone from a 3rd party retailer, they can help you with the activation while you're at the store. You will also have the option to activate the phone online but if you have issues with the compatibility of the plan, the system will recommend that you call us to complete the process.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any time you make a device change on a Prepaid plan, you have to pay again.  Wait until near end of month then activate the new phone.