Why does my LG G3 wi-fi keep turning itself on?
RealAtlantan

My WIFI on my LG3 has just begun turning itself on. Even though I have gone to setting and keep turning it ff?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my LG3 WIFI keep turning it self on?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Battery Saving applications are culprits for enabling the Wi-Fi. Check these apps or remove them to see if the behavior stops.

Any particular reason why the Wi-Fi needs to be turned off? If you use Wi-Fi on occasion, the Wi-Fi radio uses an insignificant amount of power compared to the mobile radios for data. It can be left on with subtle difference in battery usage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Battery Saving applications are culprits for enabling the Wi-Fi. Check these apps or remove them to see if the behavior stops.

Any particular reason why the Wi-Fi needs to be turned off? If you use Wi-Fi on occasion, the Wi-Fi radio uses an insignificant amount of power compared to the mobile radios for data. It can be left on with subtle difference in battery usage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to connect the way you prefer is important, RealAtlantan. Let's add to the great advice that smith6612 provided. How long has it been automatically turning on? Had anything changed (i.e. software update, new app, etc.) since it started?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes