Can someone else activate one of my old phones?
Michael1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an old iPhone I want to give a friend for him to use on his own account. How do I make this phone his?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Old phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are such a great friend. As long as you have erased your device, Michael1980, you can give your device to your friend. Your friend just needs to activate it on his own Verizon Wireless account.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are such a great friend. As long as you have erased your device, Michael1980, you can give your device to your friend. Your friend just needs to activate it on his own Verizon Wireless account.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vnash24

I want to let my daughter use one of my old phones . She will not be using Verizon to activate it , so how do I start getting it ready for her ?

0 Likes
Re: Can someone else activate one of my old phones?
bearone21
Legend

settings/general/reset....at the bottom, reset/clear everything.

the recipient needs to have their phone off to activate thehir number on the new(to them) phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would certainly recommend reaching out to your daughter's service provider to get the device activated for her. 

EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@vnash24 wrote:

I want to let my daughter use one of my old phones . She will not be using Verizon to activate it , so how do I start getting it ready for her ?

Which phone?

0 Likes