Why aren't my pictures visible in DCIM from 1/1/2016 on?
Ex-Dub
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G3 and download my pictures and videos from the phone to my (MS7 Based) Dell Laptop regularly via cable.  Since New Year's Day I am having a problem that no pictures from 1/1/2016 onwards are visible in the DCIM directory when I connect the cable, even though they are visible in the gallery on the phone.  Any ideas why this is and how to get them?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pictures not visible in DCIM from 1/1/2016 on.
Ex-Dub
Enthusiast - Level 2

To answer my own question: I found out the "problem".  For whatever reason, when ordering files by date with newest top, DCIM\CAMERA is putting Dec 31 2015 through Jan 2015 on the top and Jan 2016 etc on the bottom (below Jan 2015).  In ascending order it is Jan 2016, then Jan 2015, then Feb-Dec 2015.  It seems it is ordering files Month/Day in ascending order and year in descending order.  May be an issue translating US date order to ROTW date order, or else a generic screwup.  Anyway the files are there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ex-Dub
Enthusiast - Level 2

To answer my own question: I found out the "problem".  For whatever reason, when ordering files by date with newest top, DCIM\CAMERA is putting Dec 31 2015 through Jan 2015 on the top and Jan 2016 etc on the bottom (below Jan 2015).  In ascending order it is Jan 2016, then Jan 2015, then Feb-Dec 2015.  It seems it is ordering files Month/Day in ascending order and year in descending order.  May be an issue translating US date order to ROTW date order, or else a generic screwup.  Anyway the files are there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get those precious memories transferred, Ex-Dub! Are you using a microSD card in the device? Had you recently installed any new apps or updates when this began?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ex-Dub,

Glad to hear your found what you were looking for.  Getting things crossed off your to-do list is always a must.  Is there anything that we can do to assist?

EmmaMM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes