Why can't I register my phone to receive alerts?
funshine67
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried repeatedly to register my phone with my college and another institution. When I enter my phone number and select Verizon as my carrier, I receive a message to please enter the confirmation number sent to my phone by a text message. I have done this repeatedly with my new phone and my previous phone. Why do I not receive the confirmation numbers to register my phone to receive alerts? Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why can't I register my phone and receive confirmation message
funshine67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I finally figured it out. I needed to change the settings in my cell phone's security protection to accept simple SMS messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you stay in the know with your school, funshine67. Have other users confirmed the type of number the messages are received from like a 5 digits short code? Have you ever blocked or refused Premium SMS or shortcodes?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
funshine67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I finally figured it out. I needed to change the settings in my cell phone's security protection to accept simple SMS messages.

0 Likes