How do I share or preview images while still in the camera app?
NCTRINI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi -

I have a new Moto Turbo Droid 2, and cannot find an option that I'm certain is there somewhere in the camera app.

On my Samsung S4 (work phone) it is very quick and easy to take a picture, and preview the image, and also

share that picture instantly directly from the camera app.

The option to preview shows up as a small thumbnail in the camera viewer, and the share icon is in the dropdowns once you're viewing the image.

I cannot find that same feature in the MTD2?

The camera never shows the Share link when taking a picture.

I have to go out of the camera app, over to an image viewing app like Photos and share the image from there.

That's tedious when I'm taking a number of photos and quickly sharing each one -- often done when documenting something

or sending pictures of serial numbers, etc  to someone else while I'm on a ladder.

I'm certain it's in the camera somewhere - I've never seen a cell phone that didn't have the feature.

Where's the checkbox to set the enable the 'share from camera' feature?

tia, NCTRINI

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moto Turbo Droid 2 - cannot share or preview image while still in camera app
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This works on the Turbo, so hopefully it also works on the Turbo 2.  Once you take a photo, swipe the screen to the left.  You should then see the photo you just took and have the option to Share (among other options) at the top of the screen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Moto Turbo Droid 2 - cannot share or preview image while still in camera app
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This works on the Turbo, so hopefully it also works on the Turbo 2.  Once you take a photo, swipe the screen to the left.  You should then see the photo you just took and have the option to Share (among other options) at the top of the screen.

0 Likes
NCTRINI
Enthusiast - Level 1

THANK you!

That does work -- that is how you instantly preview an image!

And share is there.

Should have known they'd make the new phone that much more 'swipey' to do

things... I'd noticed that more often useage of 'swiping' to do things in

other apps, and hadn't thought of it in the camera.

You can tell I'm more of a keyboard guy than a mouse driver in computers...

it shows in my thinking on phones too - looking for something to enter, not

swipe...

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 8:11 PM, tikibar1 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

0 Likes