How can I switch from Prepaid to a traditional plan?
MindyH72

I have been with Verizon Prepaid for almost a year. Several months ago I was told by a rep that a lot of times Verizon will ask prepaid customers if they would like to go witha traditional plan instead of the prepaid. How do we go about asking for that?? I applied online and Verizon wants an outrageous deposit, plus a lot for the phone down payment. I may switch to a different carrier.....but I'd really like to stay with Verizon. The prepaid roams in my area, but when I was on a contract plan it did not. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I switch from Prepaid to a traditional plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MindyH72,

You definitely would have the option to move from Prepaid to our Postpaid services and we would be happy to help. To get this process started you would simply need to reach out to our Prepaid representatives by calling 1-888-294-6804. This type of change is like opening a new account so there would be a credit screening at the time of purchase and in some cases this may result in a require security deposit. The good news is that security deposits can be refunded within a year with good payment history.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: How can I switch from Prepaid to a traditional plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MindyH72,

You definitely would have the option to move from Prepaid to our Postpaid services and we would be happy to help. To get this process started you would simply need to reach out to our Prepaid representatives by calling 1-888-294-6804. This type of change is like opening a new account so there would be a credit screening at the time of purchase and in some cases this may result in a require security deposit. The good news is that security deposits can be refunded within a year with good payment history.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!